Anxiolysis refers to the use of a mild oral sedative (usually Valium) to achieve “light sedation,” or a heightened state of comfort and relaxation.
Benefits of Anxiolysis:
- It’s effective for mild-to-moderate anxiety
- It’s safe and easy
- You can breathe and speak on your own
- It’s less expensive than IV sedation
- You can usually drive yourself home from the appointment
- In many cases, you can get ALL of your dental work done in one visit
Anxiolysis is best suited for cases of mild-to-moderate anxiety. While under light sedation, you remain conscious and able to breathe on your own. Although you will not actually be unconscious, you will enjoy a heightened state of relaxation. You can expect to recover quickly and may even be able to drive yourself home from your appointment.
To make a dental appointment using anxiolysis, contact us today!